As our world emerges from the Covid pandemic and the remote/in-office scenario continues to evolve, I believe it is still essential to meet with clients and prospects face to face. Creating a level of professional intimacy with clients is the key to future success. In addition, as business owners, we must balance cost against the nature and size of an opportunity.
Step 1 - Look at existing clients, as well as pipeline, to determine locations with the highest number of potential visits.
Step 2 - Assign value per client and prospect according to the chart below. Box 1 - call them to Box 4 - make them the focus of the visit.
Step 3 - Engage with Service Delivery to gather intel on existing clients (status of work, NPS, stakeholders, etc)
Step 4 - Plan out visit 3 to 4 weeks in advance.
1) Stakeholder attendance is confirmed
2) Agenda includes who is presenting/talking and set time limits
3) Agreed objectives - via email / in writing
4) Budget (inclusive of all expenses) for travel
5) Tangible ROI - what “exactly” do you expect from a revenue perspective. BE SPECIFIC in regard to amount and time.
6) Intangible ROI - customer experience, brand building, goodwill, progresses relationship, etc
What do you use?